Step dimming provides adjustable lighting options for your light fixtures. By changing the voltage, you can dim the brightness of a light, via a simple control.
Step dimming can create advantages for your home, by having the flexibility to change the brightness of a light you can change the atmosphere you are wanting to create, within any room in your home. This is also a fantastic option if your eyes are sensitive to bright light or if you are caring for someone who is aged or unwell.
Major benefits of Step Dimming
1. Saving Energy
One of the main benefits of dimming a light is saving on your electricity bill. It varies but you can save up to 90 percent of the energy the light uses. When you reduce the wattage you are also reducing the wear and tear on the lighting fixture, and this can make the bulbs last longer. Just imagine how good you are going to feel when those reduced electrical bills start coming in.
Step dimming can benefit almost every home and if you are looking at a better way to control your lighting and help save money, then they can be a valuable asset.
2. Lighting Control
By installing lighting with step dimming, you can control the lighting with the flick of a switch. There are now touch dimming options that are available too, making it easier than ever to control the lighting in your home. Whether you want to dim a light to create a relaxing mood to put a child to sleep, or want a bright light to read a book. They are a great addition to any home lighting plan.
3. Creating mood
Installing lighting with step dimming in your home is an effective way to set the mood in individual rooms without the need for extra lighting options. Using a dimmer switch allows you to have complete control of the amount of light you want in any space. Turning down the lights can make a room feel comfortable and cosy but turning them up can create a bright workspace.
- Living Room – Having a light with step dimming installed in the living room is great if you want to dim the lights to create a more intimate setting to snuggle up and watch a movie, but then you have the option to create a bright light for tasks, like reading a book or sewing.
- Kitchen – If you have open plan living in your home, installing a step dimmable light fitting in the kitchen is great for when you don’t want to light up the whole space, and disturb anyone in the other section of the room.
- Dining Room – Having the lights very bright in the dining room, doesn’t scream out romantic dinner. Use a dimmer to really set the tone without having to add additional lights, or lamps. This is a great way to have ‘date night’ without needing to even leave the house.
- Master Bedroom – It’s not very often that you require your bedroom to be in brightly lit. To help with creating a relaxing mood install a dimmable light fitting to provide an easy option.
- Children’s Bedroom – if your child is at that tender age when they have just moved into their first bedroom, then a dimmable light fixture is ideal to use instead of a night light. This will keep the room lit just well enough to ward off any of those scary monsters and to give the little one a good night’s sleep.
At Rovert Lighting and Electrical we have a huge variety of lighting options available. We stock pendant lights, downlights, outdoor lights and a variety of lights that have step dimmable options. Contact Rovert Lighting and Electrical today for more information. Our experienced consultants will be delighted to assist you.