Driving into a well-lit driveway after a long day can give you a feeling of truly being at home, whilst also helping to reduce the amount of accidents due to poor visibility. Great driveway lighting can also make your home easier to find for new visitors and enhance your beautiful landscape and gardens.
Reasons you need Driveway Lights
The right driveway lights can provide the necessary illumination to make a driveway or pathway, at your home, safer reducing the chances of trips and falls.
Having a well-lit driveway or garden can enhance the security of your property and put off potential intruders.
Make your home more visible
By installing lights at the end of your driveway, it will make your home more visible from the street and so much easier to find.
Create an Impact for visitors
If you have a long driveway that sits back from the road, this is your chance to create a great first impression and dramatic impact for your guests. Keep in mind that there are lots of different lighting options available to create many different effects.
Having specific lights along your driveway really helps guide and direct new visitors to your home and where the front door and parking options are located.
Driveway Lighting Tips
Driveway lighting can be a very practical solution to help you to see where you are going, especially when reversing out on a stormy evening. There are lots of different options available, to not only assist with your ability to see, but to enhance the architectural look of your property too.
- If you are planning to install a new driveway then recessed lighting should be considered during the installation process.
- Monitoring Sensors or Security lights should be positioned near the garage and entry doors for increased security.
- Include driveway lighting in your overall landscaping and design of your home, creating a seamless flow throughout your home and gardens.
- Homes with short drives can easily make an impact by fixing outdoor wall lights close to the front door or on pillars.
- Up lighting is perfect for highlighting your landscape and lighting up your driveway.
- Solar lights are a great option if you are not wanting to install electrical cabling down a long driveway. When placing your lights remember to take into consideration trees and bushes which may cast shadows over your lights and hinder their ability to charge.
- Placing downlights high in tree can provide a magnificently warm and inviting glow for guests.
Common Driveway lighting Types
Exterior spikes are a very versatile lighting option. They are available in a variety of colours, materials, solar and cable styles, whilst being extremely functional, they are excellent for driveways, pathways and general garden use.
There are many varieties, colours and styles available with weight limits of up to 1000kg which is perfect for driveway lighting.
LED Flood Light
LED flood lights are a high luminous light with a long life, ensuring low maintenance and operating costs. These are perfect for home and commercial spaces, including landscaped areas, halls, billboards, car parks and general security.
There are many different types of bollards available from modern to classic looks, which are suitable for all styles of homes. They are surface mounted and provide high illumination, which is perfect for gardens and driveways,
Wall and Pillar Lights
The sleek up and down light is the perfect feature to enhance walls and pillars. It illuminates both upwards and downward creating columns of light for a dramatic effect. These are available in three colours, black, white and titanium, while LED globes are available in warm white or cool white.
Whenever movement is detected within the range of the sensor the light it will automatically illuminate the area, and whilst movement is still detected, it will stay lit. Different options are available depending on the brand you choose.
Outdoor spotlights are perfect for creating dramatic effects. They are available in variety of styles and usually have the swivel option which allows you to highlight a specific feature or shine a light where you need it the most.
Visit your local Rovert Lighting and Electrical Showroom to view our wide range of driveway lighting options, including security lights, recessed driveway lights, flat driveway lights, and outdoor wall lights. Take the time to chat with one of experts to help realise your ideas and find the right driveway options to suit your requirements. Our showrooms are located at: